1. Account Type. The ‘Add post to story’ button is only available for public accounts. If you are trying to share a post from a private account, you will not see the button in the sharing menu under the post.
How do I change my Facebook News Feed to my story?
Facebook: Here’s How to Share a Post From Your Stories Archive
- Step 1: Tap “Your Archive” in the top-right corner of your Facebook News Feed.
- Step 2: Tap the post you’d like to share.
- Step 3: Tap the “Share” button in the bottom-right corner of the screen.
What is the difference between a News Feed and your story on Facebook?
News feed houses a person’s post for a lifetime, until the user manually deletes the post. On the other hand, story is a temporary form of content, which gets automatically deleted after 24 hours from your friends’ view.
The news feed houses your posts indefinitely or until you manually delete them. A story is a temporary form of content that lasts a day only. That is, stories stay live on your profile for twenty-four hours only after which they get deleted automatically from your friends’ view.
To share a feed post to your story, just tap the paper airplane button below the post, just as you would to send it via Direct. At the top, you’ll now see the option to create a story. Tap it to see the feed post as a sticker with a customized background ready to share to your story.
Share to News Feed: Opens the post in a new window, allows you to add additional text to your message. Page 7. Send in Messenger: Opens the post in a Messenger window, allowing you to share with a specific friend or group of friends.
When you share something, people you include in the audience of the post may see it in News Feeds. Learn how to change the audience of something you’ve shared.
Depending on the post’s privacy settings, you may see the following options:
- Share Now.
- Write Post. Post. To share to a friend’s timeline, tap Share to Facebook and select Friend’s Timeline. Type your friend’s name, then tap Post. audience selector.
- Send as Message. Send.
- Share in a Group. Post.
- Share to a Page. Post.
Where is the News Feed on Facebook?
News Feed is the constantly updating list of stories in the middle of your home page. News Feed includes status updates, photos, videos, links, app activity and likes from people, Pages and groups that you follow on Facebook.
Why are Facebook stories showing up on the News Feed?
One of the features Facebook has always been incredibly sneaky about is the order of posts appearing in the News Feed. By default, it’s algorithmic (it’s called Top Stories), meaning Facebook decides the order in which you see posts.