If you post your website URL too many times in a short period, you might accidentally trigger the Facebook anti-spam algorithm, which could lead to your site being blocked. Or, you might’ve just gotten blocked through no fault of your own. Facebook’s algorithms are not perfect and you can sometimes just be unlucky.
The process of unblocking a Facebook URL is fairly straightforward.
How to Unblock a Blocked URL on Facebook (In 3 Steps)
- Step 1: Check That Facebook Is Actually Blocking Your Website. …
- Step 2: Review Facebook’s Community Standards and Make Any Necessary Changes. …
- Step 3: Resubmit Your Website to Facebook for Consideration.
Facebook relies on algorithms to police its platform. A common reason for a website URL being banned is because it was posted too many times in a promotional manner by the same person, leading to anti-spam algorithms kicking in.
How do you fix a blocked URL?
How to access blocked websites in 5 minutes or less
- URL shorteners. …
- Viewing in PDF format. …
- Try the RSS feed. …
- Use a web proxy server. …
- Go with a VPN.
Why is a URL blocked?
URL filtering restricts what web content users can access. It does this by blocking certain URLs from loading. Companies implement URL filtering to help prevent employees from using company resources — devices, network bandwidth, etc. — in a way that negatively impacts the company.
Is my website blocked?
Visit the Google Transparency Report. … Enter your website URL into the Check site status search field. Submit your search to view the report.
How do I unblock a website on Chrome?
Method 1: Unblock a website from the Restricted sites list
- 1) Launch Google Chrome, click the three dots button in the upper right corner, then click Settings.
- 3) Under System, click Open proxy settings.
- 4) In the Security tab, select Restricted sites then click Sites.
The answer is to set the Facebook App to open links in a standard browser. To do this on Android mobile apps, tap the Facebook menu icon in the top right, scroll down to Settings & Privacy, tap Settings then scroll down to Media & Contacts, tap and then enable the Links open externally option. That’s it.
All you have to do is edit your profile information.
- Click your name in the top right corner of your Facebook page to view your Timeline.
- Click “About” under your profile picture to enter editing mode.
- Click the “Edit” button in the Contact Info section.
- Type the URL of your website in the Website text box.
What happens if URL is blocked?
Just accessing information under a blocked URL will land you in jail and leave your bank account poorer by Rs 3 lakh. If you visit such a URL, you will be shown the following warning. This is a change compared to the earlier message that users would encounter on the blocked URLs in India.