Update your iPhone to the latest version of iOS to prevent glitches that may cause the Facebook app to freeze. … Check the App Store to determine if there is an update available for the Facebook app. Open the App Store, tap Updates from the bottom menu bar and then tap Update — if one is available — next to Facebook.
Why is Facebook freezing up on my iPhone?
One of the most common reasons why the Facebook app crashes is that the iPhone’s software is out-of-date. … To make sure your iPhone’s software is up-to-date, go to Settings -> General -> Software Update. If an update is available, install it.
Why does my Facebook keep freezing?
Often when any website with interactive components freezes, the problem is not with the website but with your Internet browser. … If you are still having problems, clear your browser’s cache and cookies, which could be slowing the browser down. If that still doesn’t work, use a different browser.
How do I clear my cache in Facebook?
How to clear Facebook app cache:
- Open the Settings app on your phone.
- Tap on Apps & notifications.
- Tap Facebook if you see the app in the Recently opened apps section at the top. If you don’t see Facebook, tap See all X apps and tap on Facebook.
- Tap Storage. …
- Tap Clear cache.
How do I empty the cache on my iPhone?
How to clear the cache, history, and cookies in Safari
- Open the Settings app and tap Safari.
- Scroll down and tap Clear History and Website Data. Tap “Clear History and Website Data” to clear your Safari cache, history, and cookies. …
- Your device will ask if you really want to clear Safari’s data. Confirm your choice.
How do you reset Facebook on iPhone?
To clear the Facebook app’s cache on your iPhone, you can head into the app’s “Settings & Privacy” menu to clear its browser cache, and delete and reinstall the app to fully clear its cached data.
How do you unfreeze an iPhone app?
Try to force-quit the frozen app.
If an app is frozen, you may be able to force it to close without resetting the iPhone: Press and hold the Power button until the Power slider appears. Press and hold the Home button to force the app to close.
How do I fix Facebook not responding?
How to Fix Facebook Not Responding [2021 Updated]
- Fixing Facebook Not Responding Issue on Android or iPhone. …
- Connect to a much stronger internet connection. …
- Check your smartphone’s available space. …
- Log-out and log-in again to your Facebook account. …
- Clean up Facebook cache to solve the problem.
How do you refresh Facebook app?
Open Facebook App > Press your device menu button and select Settings. Tap on Refresh interval and select the interval that you wish to use.
How do I clean my cache?
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Chrome app .
- At the top right, tap More .
- Tap History Clear browsing data.
- At the top, choose a time range. To delete everything, select All time.
- Next to “Cookies and site data” and “Cached images and files,” check the boxes.
- Tap Clear data.
What happens if I clear data on Facebook app?
What Happens When You Clear Data for Facebook Messenger and Gmail. WhatsApp stores data only on your phone (if it’s not backed up). However, Facebook Messenger, Gmail, and similar apps sync them to the cloud storage. So even if you clear data or uninstall the app, your messages or contacts will not be deleted.
What does Clear Cache mean?
When you use a browser, like Chrome, it saves some information from websites in its cache and cookies. Clearing them fixes certain problems, like loading or formatting issues on sites.