It’s a visual piece of content that sits at the top of your Page. Its dimensions are 820 pixels wide by 312 pixels tall. It takes up almost a quarter of the screen on most desktop browsers. That’s right — it’s your Facebook cover photo.
Facebook banners (a.k.a. “covers”) are the big rectangular piece of visual real estate that lives at the top of your page. … Put your logo front and center, create a collage of your products, or feature new items or designs in your banner — there is so much you can do with this space!
How do I make a Facebook Banner photo?
How to upload Facebook cover photos
- Navigate to your Facebook business page and mouse over the cover photo space at the top.
- Click Add a Cover in the top left corner.
- Click Upload Photo/Video and select the photo you’d like to upload.
- A preview of your photo will appear in the cover space. …
- Click Publish.
8 Ideas for a Creative Facebook Cover Photo – Marketo
- Align to the Right. Where is your profile picture? …
- See the Big Picture. …
- Be Your Own Billboard. …
- Use a Call-to-Action. …
- Introduce Yourself. …
- Appeal to Emotions. …
- Stay True to Your Brand. …
- Start a Conversation.
What size is a Facebook Banner photo?
1. Facebook cover photo image size.
The ideal image size for your Facebook cover photo is 851px by 315px. For best results, make sure your image is JPG format, with RGB color, and less than 100 KB.
How to make a Facebook cover
- Open Canva. Open Canva and search for “Facebook Covers” to get started.
- Explore templates. Find Facebook cover templates for every theme, color, mood and style that best fit what you’re looking for. …
- Enjoy a range of features. …
- Personalize your cover. …
- Upload to your page.
What Are Social Cover Banners? Social cover banners are the images you see at the top of your Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn pages. Their aim is to catch the attention of your users with a beautiful image and design and supply you with additional branding space for your business.
How to make a banner in 4 steps
- Choose a pre-sized banner template that fits your needs, or open a blank canvas.
- Add graphics or images to your banner to give it a stylish background.
- Type a message on your banner with easy-to-use text tools.
- Share the finished product to social, or download to your computer.
What should my cover photo be?
The ideal size is 820 pixels wide by 462 pixels tall. According to Facebook, your cover photo is displayed at 820 pixels wide by 312 pixels tall on your Page on desktops and 640 pixels wide by 360 pixels tall on smartphones.
Set up a custom image size
Open Photoshop. Select File > New. Name the file “cover-photo.” Set the width to 851 pixels, the height to 315 pixels, and resolution to 72 pixels/inch. These are the minimum dimensions for a cover photo on Facebook.
Why does my Facebook cover photo not fit?
Facebook cover photos are 820 pixels wide and 312 pixels tall for desktop, and 640 pixels wide by 360 pixels tall for mobile. If your uploaded image is smaller than these dimensions, Facebook will stretch it to fit, making it appear blurry.