You can only repost a Story that you were tagged in or mentioned. You cannot reshare a Story from a private account, except the person’s privacy settings allows for resharing of stories. Instagram will notify the original poster that you reposted their Story.
Can you repost an Instagram story from a private account?
Like many of Instagram’s reposting features, you can only repost someone’s photos or videos if their account is public. If the user has a private account, you can still share the post by sending it as a Direct Message to someone, but you won’t have the option to add it to your Story.
How to share an Instagram post to your story from your feed
- Open the Instagram app on your phone.
- Locate the post you want to share in your Instagram story on your feed.
- Tap the paper airplane icon.
- The “share” menu will appear. …
- The photo or video post will automatically upload as a story draft.
How do you repost a private Instagram post?
How to repost on Instagram Stories
- Find the post you want to share.
- Click the airplane share icon.
- Tap Add post to story. The Instagram Story will appear in edit mode with the post’s photo embedded in the center. …
- Add what you’d like to the Story and then tap Your Story to post it.
Why can’t I repost on my Instagram story?
You can’t share a post to your Instagram story because the Add Post to Your Story feature is either glitched or the owner of the account has disabled resharing to stories. … The Add Post to Story feature is most likely missing from your Instagram account due to a glitch where you have no control over.
How do you repost someone’s story on your story?
To repost someone’s photo or video as your Instagram story, follow these steps.
- Open Instagram and select the photo or video that you want to repost.
- Hit the Share icon right below the post > tap Add Post to Your Story > tap Your story.
Do you need permission to repost on Instagram?
Use the Repost for Instagram App
As long as you have prior permission to use someone’s post, using this app (or another repost app) is compliant with terms of service. The Repost for Instagram app adds the creator’s Instagram handle to the image you’re resharing.
Why can’t people repost my story?
The most typical reason is that the person who publishes the original story has not allowed their followers to share. To mark it, go to your profile -> Settings -> Privacy & Security -> Story Controls -> Shared Content.