When you turn on the hardware acceleration feature in Chrome, it can sometimes prevent videos from playing. Clear the Chrome cache and cookies. Clearing the cache and cookies gets rid of corrupted data that can prevent YouTube from working in Chrome. Use Incognito mode.
Why is YouTube not working on Web?
The most common solution to this is to force close the app if you are using a mobile or a tablet device and reopen it again. In the case of desktops and laptops, closing the website and reopening it can fix the issue for most users.
How do I fix video not playing on Chrome?
Fix Videos in Website Not Playing in Chrome
- Or, sometimes (like this example from the Android Oreo site), the video displayed the featured thumbnail. …
- The first thing to try is disabling hardware acceleration in Chrome’s Advanced Settings to fix the problem.
Why my YouTube is not opening?
Clear Cache on Your Android if YouTube not working on Android. If restarting your phone does not succeed in fixing YouTube Not Working on Android, you can try to clear the cache. … The cache files and data should be cleared by now. Now try opening the Youtube app and try playing any video.
Is YouTube currently down?
Youtube.com is UP and reachable by us.
Why can’t i watch YouTube on my Chromebook?
Your Chrome extensions, plugins, cache, or browser settings might sometimes block YouTube videos. Open a New Incognito Window, go to YouTube and try to load a video. Disable all of your extensions, clear the cache, and update Chrome to the latest version if the issue is gone. Do all that, and then restart your browser.
Why did YouTube stop working?
Clear the YouTube Cache and Data
On Android, go to Settings > Apps > YouTube > Storage. Tap Clear cache and see if it fixes the problem. If not, return here and tap Clear data. … Then head to the App Store and download YouTube again.
Why is YouTube not available with my Google account?
It could be an issue with your connection. Make sure you can still access other websites normally. If you’re on a Google Apps domain, YouTube may not be enabled by the administrator of your domain. … Your network administrator or ISP may be blocking YouTube.
Why won’t my videos play on my Chromebook?
Why some videos won’t play on Chromebooks
Chrome OS (the operating system on Chromebooks) lacks support for the video codec and/or audio codec inside your video file – see here for currently supported media file types and codecs. … Subtitle streams inside your video file are of an unrecognised format.
How do you clear the cache on Google Chrome?
- On your computer, open Chrome.
- At the top right, click More .
- Click More tools. Clear browsing data.
- At the top, choose a time range. To delete everything, select All time.
- Next to “Cookies and other site data” and “Cached images and files,” check the boxes.
- Click Clear data.
What to do if videos are not playing?
Cannot play Facebook, YouTube or other web videos on your Android phone? Try the below fixes:
- Check your Wi-Fi network.
- Update the internet browser.
- Clear cache and history files in Android phone.
- Clear cache in YouTube app.
- Update your YouTube, or Facebook app.
- Uninstall recently downloaded apps.
- Update your Android OS.