Answer: Yes. If you want to scrape post of Facebook Community, you can use built-in task templates in Octoparse to scrape them. Click “Task Templates”, select “Social Media” in the category, and click “Facebook” to use the Facebook template.
How do you scrape data on Facebook using Octoparse?
More videos on YouTube
- “Go To Web Page” – open the target website.
- Auto-detect web page – create the workflow.
- Modify the XPath of the “Loop Item”
- Modify the settings of “Extract Data”
- Run your task – get data you want.
Is scraping on Facebook allowed?
As the social media giant, Facebook has money, time and a dedicated legal team. If you proceed with scraping Facebook by ignoring their Automated Data Collection Terms, that’s OK, but just be warned that they have been reminded you to at least obtain “written permission”.
How do you scrape a post on Facebook?
How to scrape Facebook: a step-by-step guide to scraping Facebook Pages
- Go to Apify and sign in. …
- Now you’ll find yourself in Apify Console. …
- Once you’re on Apify Store, search for Facebook. …
- On the Facebook Pages Scraper, click Try for free and it will automatically redirect you back to your Apify Console.
How is Octoparse used for data scraping?
Click HERE to learn more about Octoparse.
Making a Simple Web Scraper with a Coding-free Tool like…
- Download Octoparse and launch it. …
- Click on the “Create” button under “List and Detail Extraction”, then enter the basic information for the web scraper.
- Enter the URL from which we want to pull data.
How do you crawl data on Facebook?
Downloading personal Facebook data
- Go to Facebook.com/settings.
- Tap “Your Facebook Information” and then “Download Your Information”
- Check all the information you want to download and tap “Create file”
- It might take a few minutes, but Facebook will alert you when your archive is ready.
How do you scrape a group in Facebook?
Head on over to your competition’s facebook group. 7. Once you’re in the group, simply click on the extension. It will take a few minutes to scrape the members and will automatically download it to your computer as a csv.
What is Facebook scraper tool?
A Facebook scraper refers to a tool that is engineered to mine data from public Facebook pages. Data extracted may include posts, comments, reviews, and enumeration of likes and shares on a post.
How do you scrape emails from Facebook?
How to Extract Emails From Facebook. Launch Email Extractor, go to “Search” menu and choose the “Search in list” option for targeted extraction within the specified webpages. Just copy/paste the URLs that you have chosen into the program dialog window and click OK.
Is Octoparse free?
Octoparse can be used under a free plan and free trial of paid versions is also available. It supports the Xpath setting to locate web elements precisely and Regex setting to re-format extracted data.
How do I parse a Facebook page?
To parse code on Facebook, you must add a specific tab to the page for static HTML code. This tab can use HTML to insert images, format text and link to external content. It can send followers to your main company site for transactions or can reproduce your main site’s content.
Is Octoparse illegal?
Octoparse is one of the most popular web scraping tools. If you have a scraping project to deal with, Octoparse can be a great tool to start with, and there are no legal concerns behind it.
How safe is Octoparse?
However, Octoparse support is super quick and reliable. The bill payment is very trustworthy as well. Octoparse also offers proxy capabilities, and the ability to turn off images to speed up the process. Another addition in the cloud settings is the ability to denote and categorize tasks based on its status.
How good is Octoparse?
Octoparse is an extremely powerful tool that has optimized and pushed our data scraping efforts to the next level. I would recommend this service to anyone. The price for the value provides a large return on the investment. For the free version, which works great, you can run at least 10 tasks at a time.