Why can’t I add to highlights on Instagram?
For proper functioning of Instagram highlights, a setting known as Save to archive should be enabled. That saves your stories in your archive. Later, you can add any past story to your highlight. If that isn’t enabled, you will not be able to use Instagram highlights.
Can you add highlights on Instagram without adding to story?
If you are using a smartphone to publish on Instagram, and you are going to add galley photos to the highlights of Instagram, it is possible. However, if you don’t want others to see your stories, but they see your highlights, you should know that you cannot add to highlights without adding to stories.
Stories Highlights appear in a new section on your profile below your bio. To create a highlight, tap the “New” circle at the far left. From there, you can choose any stories from your archive, select a cover for your highlight and give it a name.
How do you add a highlight to your story?
To add a story to a highlight:
- Tap or your profile picture in the bottom right to go to your profile.
- Tap . …
- Tap to select the story or stories you want to add to highlights, then tap Next.
- Choose a cover photo and enter a story name for your highlight, then tap Add (iPhone) or Done (Android).
How do you add highlight cover on Instagram?
- Go to your Instagram profile and tap on the Highlight cover that you want to change.
- Tap More in the bottom right corner of your screen.
- Tap Edit Highlight, and then Edit Cover.
- Scroll through the photos in your Highlight and choose the photo you want to use as a cover.
- Tap Done.