Tap on the Messages icon, which appears as two speech bubbles. Find the conversation you want to hide and swipe left on it. This will provide you with some choice options. Tap on Archive to hide the messages.
It’s worth noting that if you send someone a message through Secret Conversations, they will know it’s a secret chat because the message bubble, which is usually blue, will be black. Next to their image it will read ‘Encrypted from one device to the other’ to let both parties know they’re engaged in a secret chat.
What happens when you hide Facebook messages?
Facebook’s archive feature hides messages from your inbox. The archived messages move to a hidden folder, which you can access at any time. A new message from the same friend will pop the whole conversation back to your inbox, so don’t rely on it to hide an ongoing conversation.
How can I see someones secret messages on Messenger?
Here’s how to find secret messages in Facebook’s hidden inbox
- Open the Facebook Messenger app. …
- Tap “Settings” in the bottom right-hand corner. …
- Select the “People” option. …
- And then “Message Requests.” …
- Tap the “See filtered requests” option, which sits under any existing requests you have.
How do you hide a secret conversation on Messenger?
… Or delete Secret Conversations
- Tap the person’s icon.
- Tap Secret Conversations.
- Tap Delete Secret Conversations.
- Tap Delete All.
How do I make Messenger private?
How do I start a Secret Conversation in Facebook Messenger?
- From the tab, tap.
- Tap Secret in the top right.
- Select who you want to message.
- If you want, tap in the text box and set a timer to make the messages disappear.
How do I hide messages?
How to Hide Texts on the Lock Screen
- Open the Messaging app on your phone. Then, tap on the three dot icon in the upper right-hand corner to access the Settings menu.
- Tap on Notifications.
- Tap on In-app notification settings.
- Toggle the switch next to Preview new messages so that it turns off.
Can you hide someone on Messenger?
If there is only one person you want to hide from, click open the chat window of your friend, click the ‘gear’ button and select ‘Go Offline..’ By selecting this option, your friend will see you as offline, but you can still send them messages.
How do you see recently deleted messages on Messenger?
From the More dropdown menu in your Messenger inbox, tap Archived. Here, you’ll see all the messages you’ve archived. Hopefully, you’ll find your “deleted” message here. (Alternatively, you can search the contact’s name in the search bar, and your full conversation history should pop up.)
For Android devices:
Open the Messenger app and tap on your profile picture in the upper left-hand corner. 2. Scroll down to Secret conversations, tap on it, and turn the feature on.
Open Up Messenger And Go To Your “Me” Screen
You’ll notice that just below “Payments” you can find the “Secret Conversations” option.
What is vanish mode on messenger?
Messenger From Facebook offers an optional “Vanish Mode” that causes messages to automatically disappear from chats once they’ve been seen. When Vanish Mode is turned on for a chat, all “seen” messages will disappear when the user closes the chat.