Private Facebook events can only be created from a personal profile. If you are creating an event from your Facebook business page, there is no way to make the event private. All Facebook Business page events are set to public as default.
How do I make my Facebook event private 2020?
Step 1 > On your News Feed, click on Events in the left menu. Step 2 > Click on Create New Event on the left side. Step 3> Click on Private Event and the select Next. Remember: Once a private Facebook event has been created you won’t be able to make it public in future.
Can you create a private event on a public Facebook page?
You can create a Facebook event using your personal profile, a page, or a group. Private and public events can be created using your personal profile. Public events with limited invitation options can be created with personal profiles, pages, and groups.
How do I make a Facebook event private after posting?
To adjust the privacy settings of a Facebook event from the Android app after you’ve created the event, go to the event and tap “More,” then choose “Edit.” Under “Privacy,” tap “Change” and choose the new setting. Then, swipe down to update and tap “Save.”
How do I make someone a host on an event on Facebook?
To add a host:
- In the top left of Facebook, tap your profile picture.
- Tap Events.
- Tap Hosting, then tap the event.
- Tap Edit, then tap Co-hosts.
- Type a friend’s name in the search box and select them from the list.
- Tap Done, then tap Save.
How do I create an event for a group on Facebook?
Tap in the top right of Facebook, then scroll down to Groups and select your group.
- Below the cover photo, tap More and select Create Event.
- Fill in the details for your event.
- If you want to invite all members of your group, select Invite all members. …
- Tap Create in the top right.
Why can’t I post an event on Facebook?
There are a few reasons why you might not be able to post in an event: Only the host can post in an event for some events. For some events, hosts must approve posts before they appear. If the host approves your post, it will appear in the event discussion.
How do I create an event on Facebook 2021?
You can set up an event from Facebook.com in a web browser or from the Facebook mobile app.
- Select Events on the left side of your newsfeed on your Home page.
- Select Create Event. …
- Select Online or In Person.
- Choose Private from the Privacy menu on the left side.
- Enter a name for the event, a start date, and a time.
How do I change the privacy of an event on Facebook on Iphone?
Once you’ve created an event, you can’t change the privacy settings. Your event opens and you can share posts, invite guests, add a cover photo and edit event details.