A discussion is a conversation that you can have with other members of Facebook. Then other individuals can comment on that post and essentially start a conversation on that topic. … People can continue commenting on the original post or comment on comments that were made by other users.
How do you make a discussion on Facebook?
Add A Discussions Tab To Your Facebook Page With Facebook Forum
- Choose the page you want to add the application to. …
- Now the tab is installed click on ‘new topic’ to start a discussion. …
- Once you have done this you can create a topic and description, you also have the option of posting as yourself or a page.
How do I start a discussion in a Facebook group?
How do I create a discussion in a group?
- Open Discussions. In Group Navigation, click the Discussions link.
- Add Discussion. Click the Add Discussion button.
- Save Discussion. Click the Save button to start the discussion.
- View Discussion. View the discussion you started in your group.
You may see group-related discussions crop up when someone on your News Feed reshares a post or posts a link. If a group is discussing the same content, Facebook may link that discussion underneath the post. … The next time you search the web, a group discussion from Facebook just might appear.
How do I turn off Facebook discussions?
In the top left of Facebook, tap your profile picture.
- Tap Pages.
- Go to your Page and tap More.
- Tap Edit Settings then tap General.
- Scroll down to Similar Page Suggestions and tap On or Off.
Is a Facebook group a forum?
Facebook doesn’t have discussion forums. They have what they call “groups”. It’s more for a post and then comments on that post instead of actual robust discussion like a forum is made for. A forum allows you to organize discussion better into various categories.
Does Facebook have discussion forums?
Facebook has created a number of ways that users can interact with each other. … While on Facebook, you also have the option of entering into discussions with other members of the site. Discussions can take place inside or outside of a group setting.
How do you make a Facebook group fun?
12 Facebook Group Engagement Tactics that Work Like a Charm
- 1) Welcome New Members of Your Group. …
- 2) Make It Easy for Members to Engage With Your Group. …
- 3) Leverage the Power of Storytelling. …
- 4) Post Polls, Surveys and Quizzes. …
- 5) Ask Questions. …
- 6) Post Photo Quotes. …
- 7) Follow the Posting Strategy of “Edu-tainment”
Why is nobody seeing my Facebook group posts?
The Facebook Page algorithm is quite different than the one for Profiles. … But unless they’re interacting (liking, reacting to, commenting, or sharing) immediately with your content, there’s a chance Facebook’s algorithm will hide your post so no one will see it.
What are Facebook group post topics?
To create a topic in a group, add a hashtag to a keyword or phrase in a post. This turns topics and phrases into clickable links in your posts in a group and helps other group members find posts they’re interested in. Group members can add up to 30 topics per post.
How do you hide your relationship status on Facebook?
Tap in the top right of Facebook, then tap your name.
- Tap See Your About Info.
- Find the Relationship box and tap .
- Tap the audience selector and tap to choose Only Me.
How are suggested friends on Facebook determined?
In its help section, Facebook says its suggestions are based on “mutual friends, work and education information, networks you’re part of, contacts you’ve imported and many other factors”. … Honestly the “People You May Know” section on Facebook needs a trigger warning.
Last October, among a range of updates to Facebook Groups unveiled at its annual Groups Summit, Facebook also announced a new feature called ‘Related Discussions’, which would prompt users to discover further conversations around a shared post by highlighting public groups in which that same post had been shared.
Most Facebook notifications tend to be a result of your own interactions with the site. You get notifications because you comment on posts, join groups or follow pages. The less you do of these things, the fewer notifications you’ll receive.
How does Facebook determine which videos are suggested for you?
Videos in the Top Videos for You section of the Watch tab are shown to you based on a number of factors, including: The video’s popularity on Facebook. People and Pages you follow or like.
How do I block inappropriate videos on Facebook?
- Visit the “Videos” section of Facebook’s settings and switch “Auto-Play Videos” to “off.”
- You’ll find a similar setting in Facebook’s mobile app. Pull up its Settings, and then scroll down until you see the “Media and contacts” section. …
- Report offensive content.