If you have already uploaded a video and want to add metadata or change your title, description or tags, simply click on the “Edit Video Detail” button at the top of the video page, while you are logged into YouTube. This will make the metadata fields editable.
How do I add metadata to a video?
How to add metadata to your image and video files
- Open up the folder on your computer that contains the image or video file.
- PC users: Right-click on the image, and select Properties. …
- In the window that appears, you can change the name, add tags, write a description, and more.
How do I edit metadata on YouTube?
In the video manager, find the video for which you want to update the Meta information, and then under the video title, click on the Edit button. When you click the edit button, a popup box will open on your screen. Now you can update the title, tags, and description for your video.
How do I see metadata on YouTube?
If you are using Chrome browser, just do mouse right click and go to view source option. Then on view source page, press Ctrl+F button and search ‘Keywords’. You will see the lists of meta tags used on this video.
How do I enter metadata?
To enter metadata for a single document
- Click the inline Set Metadata link.
- Click the Edit Metadata button.
- Right-click and select Edit Metadata.
- Click the metadata pane button .
How do I get metadata from a video?
Video files: Manual approach for Windows
- Locate the video file you wish to view the metadata of.
- Right-click the file and select “Properties.”
- Under the “General” tab, you’ll see basic video metadata, such as file size and date created/received.
- Next, click the “Details” tab.
Does YouTube use metadata?
Metadata. YouTube is the world’s second-largest search engine, and it uses metadata– your video’s title, tags and description – to index your video correctly.
What is metadata in YouTube video?
What is YouTube metadata? YouTube metadata is information that is used to describe each video uploaded to the platform. Basic examples include things like title, channel name and date uploaded. More sophisticated YouTube metadata includes things such as geographic coordinates, camera make and frame rate.
Do YouTube videos contain location data?
How YouTube may use your location data. YouTube may use location information to show you relevant video recommendations or search results according to where you are. For example, if you’re searching for news on YouTube, your search results may include top news specific to your country.
Sign in to YouTube Studio. Upload Video. Select the file that you’d like to upload. In the upload flow, click MORE OPTIONS and add your tags.
Tags will help viewers discover your video, and help surface it in search in YouTube. The descriptive tags are hidden from the viewers, but here’s how you can see what tags any YouTube video is using.