You can only change your name every 60 days. Your name doesn’t follow our name policy. You changed your name in the last 60 days, or you tried to change it too frequently. … Your name doesn’t match the name that appears on an item from our ID list.
How do I force a name change on Facebook?
In the top left of Facebook, tap your profile picture. Scroll down and tap Settings, then tap Personal and account information. Tap Name. Enter your name and tap Review change.
Does Facebook allow you to change your name?
You can change your name on Facebook in the Settings section of the website or mobile app. You can only change your Facebook name once every 60 days. Nicknames can be used if they adhere to Facebook’s community standards.
How can I change my Facebook name 2021?
To change your name on Facebook for Android:
- Review our name standards.
- In the top right of Facebook, tap .
- Scroll down and tap Settings & privacy, then tap Settings.
- Tap Personal and account information.
- Tap Name.
- Enter your name and tap Review change.
- Enter your password and tap Save changes.
How long do you have to wait before you can change your name again on Facebook?
1 | Wait it out.
If you’ve requested a change recently, give it at least 7 days before trying again.
Why did Facebook change its name?
The rebranding came as a surprise to regular consumers of the app, but Mark Zuckerberg, the founder of Facebook, claimed that the renaming was to signal that the company was branching out and was linked to more than one product. He added that Meta was a better representation of what the company is working toward.
How can I use my old name on Facebook?
Using the correct name can help people find your profile when they search for your account.
- Log in to Facebook and click the gear-shaped icon to open a drop-down menu.
- Click “Account Settings” to open a new page.
- Click “Edit” next to your name.
- Type your desired name into the “First,” “Middle” and “Last” fields.
What names should not be used on Facebook?
Your name can’t include:
- Words or phrases that go against our Community Standards (example: slurs, representing dangerous individuals).
- Words or phrases that represent organizations instead of persons.
- Symbols, numbers, unusual capitalization, repeating characters or punctuation.
- Characters from multiple languages.