Go to instagram.com on any web browser on your laptop or computer. If you have the ability to Instagram DM on desktop, you’ll see an icon on the top-right that looks like a paper airplane — the same icon for DMs on Instagram’s mobile app.
Can you DM on Instagram website?
Instagram is finally bringing direct messages to the web. … You can create new groups or start a chat with someone either from the DM screen or a profile page; you can also double-tap to like a message, share photos from the desktop, and see the total number of unread messages you have.
Why can’t I see direct messages on Instagram web?
Yes, to solve the problem with Instagram direct messages not working, you need just to enable the mobile view of your Instagram page. … As soon as you download the IG mobile app to your laptop or stationary PC, you can use it just like it’s your smartphone. The entire functionality of a mobile app will be available.
How do you get Instagram messages on desktop?
Look in the upper right-hand corner of the Instagram window. There it is — that paper airplane icon. Tap (well, click – you’re on a Windows desktop now) that icon and you’ll be able to see your direct messages.
How do you DM on Instagram without app?
Simply head to the official Instagram website and sign-in with your account. From there, you’ll find the message icon on the top bar. Simply tap the icon and you’ll be taken to your DMs. Note that while you can still use some functions such as sending photos from your gallery, you won’t be able to send live photos.
How do you open Instagram messages without?
1. Read Instagram Messages Without Being Seen by Restricting
- Open Instagram on your phone.
- Head to the person’s profile whose direct messages you want to read without marking them as seen.
- Click the three-dot menu at the top right corner.
- From the available options, select Restrict.
- Click on Restrict Account to confirm.
How do you see other people’s DMs on Instagram?
Instagram has no mechanism for checking someone else’s DMs. As the name Direct Message may indicate, the whole system is designed to be private, direct, and person to person.
How do I use Instagram on Windows?
How to Download and Install Instagram Windows 10:
- Open the Microsoft Store app.
- Search for the Instagram app.
- Click ‘Get’ and download.
- Once installed, open the app and login.
- And you’re in! Enjoy Instagram on your Windows 10 desktop.