Open the Instagram app and tap the profile icon at the bottom-right corner. Tap the Menu icon at the top-right and select Settings. Go to Privacy and tap Messages. To stop getting spam DMs from unknown people, tap the “Others on Instagram” option.
How do I stop strangers messaging me on Instagram?
- Go to your Direct Messages.
- Select the conversation with the person that you want to block.
- Tap the “i” icon in the upper-right corner.
- Select ‘Block. ‘
- Confirm by clicking ‘Block. ‘
How do I stop strangers from messaging me on Instagram 2020?
To disable DMs (direct messages) on Instagram, go to your settings, tap on “Privacy”, navigate to messages, tap on “Others on Instagram”, and select “Don’t receive requests”.
Why do I keep getting random message requests on Instagram?
When users who you don’t follow send you direct messages, their messages will appear as message requests that you can accept or decline. You can also block their account from the same screen. Message requests aren’t marked as seen unless you accept it.
Can you control who DMs you on Instagram?
In case you missed it, you can control who can DM you on Instagram. … What’s more, other privacy controls let you report an entire DM conversation, or just a single message, so that harassing or unlawful messages can be directly addressed.
How do I turn off message requests?
To control who can send you a message request and where they send it to in your Messenger settings:
- Open your Messenger app.
- From Chats, tap your profile picture in the top left.
- From the menu, tap Privacy.
- Tap Message Delivery.
- Tap on the people you want to control messages for.
How do I change my DM settings on Instagram?
You can enable this feature from “Settings.” To do this, go to your “Profile” tab.
- Then, select the hamburger menu button from the top-right corner of the screen.
- Here, choose the “Settings” option.
- Now, select the “Update Messaging” option.
- Here, choose the “Update” button.
- The messaging feature has been updated.
How do you block strangers on Instagram?
The feature works with a new Message control option that appears in the settings of the Instagram app. To access it, you have to head over to Settings > Privacy > Messages and choose the ‘Only people you follow’ option given under ‘Allow New Messages Requests’ head.
How do you block bots on Instagram?
To block a bot account, visit the bot’s profile then click the three dots on the upper-right corner of the screen. Click “block.” This will block the account and consequently remove it from your followers list. When you block the account, it can’t find your profile, posts, or Stories, and it can’t follow you again.
How do I let everyone Message me on Instagram?
Enabling Instagram Direct Messages from the Instagram App
- In the Instagram App, switch to the applicable profile.
- Tap your profile icon in the bottom right.
- Tap the context menu (three lines) in the top right.
- Tap Settings > Privacy > Messages.
- Under the heading ‘Connected Tools’, toggle Allow Access to Messages on.