To allow only one person to see the post, for instance, choose “Specific People or Lists” from the drop-down menu inside the Custom box, start typing the name of the person you want to contact, slide down and select the correct name when it appears.
When you use the Custom audience option to share a post with a list or specific people, the people you share the post with may be able to see each other’s names. You can also use the Friends Except and Specific Friends audience options to include or exclude specific friends from your post.
How do you post on Facebook but exclude a friend?
What to Know
- Select What’s on your mind to open a new Facebook post window. Choose the Privacy drop-down menu under your name.
- Select Friends Except. Choose the name of a friend (or friends) to exclude them from seeing the post.
- Choose Save Changes. Write your post as usual and select Post.
Instagram has added the ability for users to share stories with only a specific subset of people, rather than just anyone who follows them. Users simply create a “Close Friends” list and then choose to only share certain stories with that group of people.
How do you post anonymously on Facebook?
To post anonymously:
- Tap in the top right of Facebook and tap Groups then Your Groups, then select your group. If you don’t see Groups, tap See More.
- Tap Anonymous Post near the top of the page, then tap Create Post.
- Create your post, then tap Submit.
Does Facebook notify specific friends?
I’ve just spotted a new feature on Facebook that allows users to “Notify a few friends” when they post something. …
What does specific friends on FB mean?
Specific: To share something with only a few friends, tap the names of the people you want to share with under Specific.
Does Facebook notify certain friends?
Turning Notifications On
Just navigate to a friend’s Facebook profile page and look for the “Friends” button floating over their cover photo. Click the button to pull up the drop down menu and select either “Get Notifications” or “Close Friends”, depending on your preference.
How do I make my Facebook posts only for friends?
Simple Steps To Change Privacy of Old Posts on Facebook
- Click More in the bottom right hand corner.
- Scroll to the bottom then Tap Settings.
- Then tap account settings.
- Tap Privacy.
- Tap ‘Limit the audience for posts you’ve shared with friends of friends or public’
- Read the Disclaimer then tap confirm.
- Then tap Limit Old Posts.
How do I hide all posts from everyone 2020 on Facebook?
Facebook also has a tool to hide public Timeline posts en masse. To do this, click the arrow in the top-right corner of your profile and navigate to Settings & Privacy > Settings > Privacy. Click the Limit Past Posts link to open a warning advising that all your public posts will be converted to Friends only.
Will someone know if I hide their post from my timeline?
No, They will never get notified about hiding a post from your timeline. Because that’s the main purpose not to tell them. Facebook only sends a notification if anyone interacts with their content.
Can you post on Facebook and block one person?
Hiding an individual post
Just click the button immediately to the left of the blue “Post” button when typing a status update. Just like using the Privacy Settings page, you can choose to block individual people from seeing the post using the “custom” option.