You cannot simply migrate over your Facebook group. You have to start a new Facebook business page, then add the group members to the page. It’s not seamless, and you will lose some members along the way.
How do I turn a Facebook group into a business page?
To create a Page for your group:
- Create a Page of the same name as your group.
- Announce your Page in your group. …
- Lock your group so no one will post in it. …
- Select Edit Group Settings.
- Below Posting Permissions, select Only Admins.
- Select Save.
- To remove group members, go to the About section.
What is the difference between a group page and a business page on Facebook?
Definitions. A Facebook Page is the personal profile of the business, person or organization. … A Facebook Group, on the other hand, stands more as a forum. It’s purpose is more of a discussion platform and communication space for people with similar interests.
Can you merge a Facebook group and page?
Link your groups and pages
Click the “Groups” tab on the menu on the left side of your page. … Click “Link Your Group” to link the group(s) you are the admin(s) of. From the pop-up window, choose the group(s) you want to link and click “Link”. You can link the same group(s) to several pages you are the admin of.
Can you post in a Facebook group as a page?
The new feature that many Facebook Group Admins have been waiting for is the ability to post as the Page (rather than your personal Profile) in the Group. Once your Group is linked to the Page you’ll see that as an option whenever you go to either post or comment.
How do businesses use Facebook groups?
Your Facebook group can easily provide extra value for your customers. You can use it as a space to do more deep diving into subjects, or as a testing ground for new ideas. It’s also another way for your audience to connect with you, and each other, which can help to facilitate the growth of brand communities.
Is it better to create a group or page on Facebook?
If you’re looking to establish a brand and promote your business to a large number of people, a Facebook Page makes the most sense. If you’re a new or small businesses looking to establish a presence, a group can be of great help, especially if you sell niche products.
Is it better to make a group or page on Facebook?
Here’s the long and short of it: if you want to share personal information, make a Facebook page. If you want to have one spot to share posts from a business or organization, make a Business Page. If you want a place that people can connect together and have discussions, create a Facebook Group.
How can I convert my Facebook account to page?
How to create a Page:
- Log into the Facebook Profile you want to convert and click create a Page.
- Enter some basic information about your Page: name, category, and optional description.
- Review your selections and click Create Page.
- Invite your friends to like or follow your new Page.
How do I post in a group as a page?
to share to a group:
- select Share.
- select Share to a Group.
- to you can add a description or caption for the post you’re sharing where it says “Say something about this…”
- then use the search bar to begin typing in the name of the group you wish to share to.
- select Share. And that’s it you’re done!
How do I change whether I post as myself or as my page?
After changing the default setting, you can switch back and forth between posting with your name and posting as the Page name.
- Log in to Facebook and click the Page name in the left menu under “Pages.”
- Click “Edit Page” in the top right corner of the website and then “Your Settings” in the left menu.