If you don’t see that, tap “More,” then “Share to” and “Copy Link.” On Android, you’ll need to tap “More,” then “Copy Link.” Once you select “Copy Link,” a link to your story copies to your clipboard, then you can paste it anywhere you want.
Why don’t I have the link option o my Instagram Story? It’s a question many people ask. Instagram says you’ve got to have 10k followers in order to be granted clickable links.
How do you turn on URL for Instagram stories?
How to Add Swipe Up to Instagram Stories
- Check that you have 10,000 followers or a verified account.
- When uploading to your Instagram Story, click the icon at the top right that looks like a chain.
- Click “+ URL” to add a link to a web page.
- Type the URL into the text box.
- Click “Done” in the top right.
Here’s what to do:
- Take a photo, or upload an image to your Story.
- In the Story editor, tap the link icon on the top of the screen (the one that looks like a chain).
- Tap +URL.
- Type in the URL of the website you want to link to.
- Tap “Done” on the upper right corner of the screen.
If you don’t have a verified account or 10,000 followers, you can use IGTV to activate the swipe-up feature. In order to do so, you must switch to a business account if you don’t already have one. Create a video using IGTV. You can add a link in the description of the video and that’s the way to get leads, for example.
The feature was previously limited to verified accounts or people with a certain number of followers. You can now add links to your Instagram Stories, regardless of your follower count or whether you’re verified. Now just about anyone on Instagram can add links in Stories.
How to copy the URL on smartphone
- Step 1: First, open Instagram account on your smartphone (iPhone or Android)
- Step 2: Now, find the photo or video you want to copy its link to your clipboard.
- Step 3: Next, tap on the three dots icon to open the pop-up menu.
- Step 4: Now, from the given options, tap Copy Link.
The Instagram Story link tool is just one way you can spice up your Instagram Story. The link feature lets you drop a hyperlink directly into your Story, pointing watchers to websites, news articles, videos, and more. To access it, all your followers have to do is swipe up on your Story and they’ll be redirected.