Should your organization have a blog? The answer is a resounding yes! We’re in an age where content is king. It’s critical to create the type of information your audience wants to consume and to demonstrate your expertise and usefulness.
Here are five reasons why your organization should start blogging today.
1. Boost Search Engine Optimization – Google gives precedence to sites that continually update content. A blog is a great way to keep your content “fresh.” By blogging consistently, you give search engines new content to index and you create opportunities to plug in those all-important keywords to increase your visibility on search engine results pages.
2. Connect People to Your Brand – Blog posting allows you to show a personal side of your business/organization that perspective and current customers won’t see through outbound marketing techniques. Blogs help build a lasting and trusting relationship with your audience.
3. Become a Thought Leader – Well-written articles demonstrate your company as an industry leader. Blogging about topics that relate to your industry will make you a credible source when it comes to information.
4. Get More Leads – A survey by HubSpot found that B2B marketers that use blogs receive 67 percent more leads. Small businesses that blog get 126 percent more lead growth than small businesses that do not blog.
5. Low Cost Marketing – Pay-per-click marketing and display ads can be very effective, but these tactics may not fall within your current marketing budget. Blogs are very low cost while adding significant value. And remember, your blog doesn’t have to be very long and eat up a lot of your time. A 300-word blog post can add quite a bit of value to your website.
How Do I Get Started?
Develop an outline of categories that focuses on your brand and blog about topics relating to those categories. Your blog posts should focus on substance, style and variety, for the greatest keyword potential.
It is also important to understand that a blog is isn’t a replacement to your website. A blog is meant to complement your website and add value to your online presence.